Re: #ubitx Current draw when transmitting? #ubitx

Ghericoan

When just receiving, the current drawis only 0.16A. When I go to transmit it runs around 1.4-1.8 amps depending on the SWR. I have a 2A fuse inline with the power feeding both the radio and final amplifier. I was just wondering if that current draw on transmit sounds about right, cause it also varies by band, with a significant drop on 30 meters to only 1.01 amps transmit.

On the other hand, skipping my antenna tuner brings the current draw up to nearly 2.2 amps, but thats most likely from the resulting SWR cause the finals run toasty in that condition.
--
N5WLF, Greggory (or my nickname, Ghericoan)