Re: Diy oscilloscope #parts

Jerry Gaffke

My cloud of dots would be a silly way to try and see an RF signal's envelope.
Instead, spend $0.10 on a diode, resistor and a cap or two for an RF probe (or AM detector).
The RC low pass filter should have a corner freq of 100khz instead of 1Hz,
as we will be watching the output with a DSO138 instead of a DVM.

That's probably more what Dexter had in mind when he suggested
watching RF envelopes with the DSO138.

Jerry

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 07:30 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
Could see Dexter's modulation envelope on sub 1mhz RF as a cloud of dots,
accumulating that cloud over many trigger events.