Re: First Arduino sketch loaded

Arv Evans

Jerry

I totally agree.  What "class" stuff that is in the Arduino libraries
can pretty much be used without having to delve into it.  The rest
can all be classic C-language.

Arv
_._

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:24 AM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
Most Arduino code pretty much ignores the "++" thing, using vanilla C.
Being an older coder guy and having learned from a first edition K&R in the early 1980's,
the extra stuff that C++ has to offer has never seemed worth the bother.
Especially on a microcontroller, where you really want to know exactly
what your code will compile down to.

My advice is to first concentrate on learning C, hold off on C++

Jerry

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 08:35 am, Arv Evans wrote:
C++ is what we use on Arduino systems like the Raduino.