Re: Accident, Did I damage my Raduino

David Nelson

The 8 pin and the 5 pin both have an orange wire. Easy to get confused.  Dave

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Michael Hagen <motdog@...> wrote:

I would recommend in building these radios that you change All ground wires to Black and All Power (5 or 12V) to Red.

Reserve these colors for just 2 purposes.

You can use the wires you remove for additions.  Leave the molex pin on them.  I had a lot of spare Brown ones.

I can't stand an Orange wire being B+ (the term for us old Valve guys)!  26 Ga. stranded works great.   I got a bunch of colors at All Electronics.  Molex pins are at Tayda and Mouser.

You don't have to be in such a hurry and blow things up.  Check your wiring several times.  You could even make a connector chart with J numbers and pin numbers with wire color.   Match it up to what is on hfsignals.   It may mean you catch a mistake and save a lot of trouble shooting?

73'3

Mike,  WA6ISP

On 2/2/2018 8:03 AM, Richard Sanders wrote:
You are not alone! I had my bitx40 in pieces on my benchtop and wired the raduino using the orange I/O wire instead of the orange +12v wire...powered on....got nothing on my LCD...turned off...checked wiring...turned on a second time...still nothing...turned off...THEN I saw what I did wrong....it wasn't until I had reflashed the v2 software the I finally figured out why my unit keeps going to the Settings menu....it thinks that I am holding the function button down upon power up! With the button uninstalled I check the power of the orange A3 wire and am getting 0v!! :-( So I'm going to try and remap a different pin for the Function button...if that does not work or if I find that I actually damaged more than the I/O pin...then I'll go the "New Arduino Nano" route! Best of luck to all who are experimenting with the bitx's out there!!

73
Ric
KN4FTT

--