Re: Accident, Did I damage my Raduino

Richard Sanders

You are not alone! I had my bitx40 in pieces on my benchtop and wired the raduino using the orange I/O wire instead of the orange +12v wire...powered on....got nothing on my LCD...turned off...checked wiring...turned on a second time...still nothing...turned off...THEN I saw what I did wrong....it wasn't until I had reflashed the v2 software the I finally figured out why my unit keeps going to the Settings menu....it thinks that I am holding the function button down upon power up! With the button uninstalled I check the power of the orange A3 wire and am getting 0v!! :-( So I'm going to try and remap a different pin for the Function button...if that does not work or if I find that I actually damaged more than the I/O pin...then I'll go the "New Arduino Nano" route! Best of luck to all who are experimenting with the bitx's out there!!

73
Ric
KN4FTT