The deluxe way to go is the interlocking 1" boxes from the internet.  They lock together in any size pattern.  The lids are clear and have a spring.  You push the latch with your tweezers and the lip flips up.   Some vendors even send the whole selection of resistors out in them.   In about 1 ft Sq, you can get the whole range of 5% values.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP

On 2/1/2018 8:31 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Good Lord! I can't even SEE 0402's!

Jack, W8TEE

From: Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Tim said:    I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners so I can fold it into a tray.

I say:    http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf
That way you don't have to dig around the workspace for 30 minutes to find the scotch tape.

When hand stuffing surface mount parts, working within a large baker's cake tin
can somewhat restrain all them flying 0402's and Sot23's.

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street