Re: PiZeroW Controlling a uBitx

Mike Woods

Martin

It seems like nobody has (yet) used the Pi Zero W.   Why don't you give it a go?  I suspect that it will be a noise generator as well as RF prone ... but worth a try!

Mike

On 28/01/18 7:21 PM, Diver Martin wrote:
Anyone thought about using a PiZeroW (or even a regular RPi) for controlling a uBitx?

I thought to myself, while pondering my design decisions, "Hey, a PiZeroW is $10.  A Teensy3.2 is $20..."  Looking quickly at the pinout, it has spi and i2c, and a few GPIO's.  I don't have any experience programming the raspberry pis, but adding an i2s audio dac (or two) could easily do DSP audio, spectrum display, etc... I have my RpiZeroW hooked up to a 3.5" TFT touchscreen display I got off amazon... (https://www.amazon.com/UCTRONICS-Display-Touch-Screen-Raspberry/dp/B073QGW2M6/)

Mostly just curious.  Doubt I'll change directions with my top mod PCB, but it certainly could be an interesting option (The RpiZeroW consumes ~250mA @ 5V as I recall)

--
Martin Held - AE7EU
http://ae7eu.com/