Re: Tuning clicks on bitx40 #bitx40help

Allard PE1NWL

This may be due to the si5351 library version that is used by the original
stock firmware v1.01
Try upgrading the firmware https://github.com/amunters/bitx40
It has built in si5351 routines (no external library) and some other
patches as well to reduce the noise.

Using shielded wires to/from the volume pot also helped a lot in my case.
But I must confess I never got rid of the clicks completely. I can still
hear them when the antenna is disconnected.

73 Allard PE1NWL

On Sun, January 28, 2018 03:00, radioant@... wrote:
Thanks for the reply Jerry. And thanks for the advice. I tried putting a
1000uF and a .1uF cap across the input of the regulator and it made no
difference. I even ran the raduano with a separate power supply and the
clicks were just as loud.  When I observed the tuning clicks on the scope
at the output of the vfo it looks like the RF signal stop's then the
tuning pulse then the RF continues. I hear this can be a. problem. The
version of software is I think 1.01 when the unit is turned on. Thank you
Bob WB2TFG.