Re: UBITX Touch Control TFT Display

Joe

All valid inputs.
But with the atmega2560 the user has more inputs and output pins then one could ever use.  With the radio all wired I would estimate more than 25 spare pins

Joe
VE1BWV

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018, 11:40 AM Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I had never heard of elegoo.com, that looks like a good steer.
They have some nice Arduino starter kits.
However, their 2.8" TFT display is not well documented, and burns an awful lot of pins.

Here's a reply to a question up on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B01EUVJYME/4/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza?isAnswered=true
      I just went through all of the pins marked on the board and the code for the support libraries.
      It appears that the display hogs all of the pins with the exception of the A5 and the serial I/O pins 0 and 1.
      This pretty much precludes the use of any other peripheral devices using Wire, SPI, or I2C.
      The SD card uses digital pins 10 through 13, so if you don't need the SD card, you can snip those pins off
      (and don't include the SD library in your project). Otherwise the options are limited.

Not what I'm looking for.
I'd prefer a display with just a 4 wire SPI interface, and power and ground.
Recommendations solicited.

Regarding the si5351 PLL chip breakout board, in addition to adafruit.com, there is also etherkit.com and qrp-labs.com
Hans of qrp-labs is active on this forum, a kit for his board is $7.75
    https://qrp-labs.com/synth.html
The others come fully soldered up, which some may prefer.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 06:42 pm, Joe wrote:
Brein,

I use the following: HARDWARE

DISPLAY - Optimum size - 2.8inch TFT - I have tried several types and sizes from various companies - hit and miss. some work but poor clarity etc.

Having used the elegoo 2.8 inch  TFT Display with pen - from "amazon" has resulted in 100 percent working, clear, clean, crisp displays.
I have ordered 4 over time and quality is persistent. Price  around $15.00 shipped.  Best choice

Arduino Module : Atmega 2560 - Ebay is cheapest source at less then $10.00...  Any Atmega 2560 will work..
I have many different company modules and have found they all work great...

DDS module -  SI5351  module (not just the chip)- available from Ebay or Adafruit direct or amazon around $11.00