Re: uBITx.net website

Ashhar Farhan

great initiative! i tried something similar a few years ago with the hfsignals.org as a wiki but it went nowhere. it is still ticking away. however a learning was that having multiple peeps to get the content and moderation in place works best.
i hardly moderate this group, it is the brainchild of hans, G0UPL and Arv is the boss. He has spent immense time and energy on nurturing this group. It is not s stretch to say we owe our existence to these two guys.
I hope ubitx.net finds and equally committed set of people to run it.
Like the bitx20, the ubitx too will evolve into variants and more kitshops will pick it up. The structure of the website should handle this. With that easy advice, I am off to larc18. Last night 25 ubitx came alive. Today, another 24 to go!!
- f

On 27 Jan 2018 7:23 am, "AA7GW" <garywixom@q.com> wrote:
Great idea and initial layout; I am very supportive of doing this, but realize the extent of the effort and wonder how some of us can help?

Sent from my iPhone
AA7GW

On Jan 26, 2018, at 4:59 PM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

David

This has been done to some limited extent through use of #hashtags within the group.
Others have set up #hashtags for specific topics within the group.
Problem with this is unless you actually log into https://groups.io/g/bitx20 you don't see
what #hashtags are already established.

You are correct about the wiki.  It needs very dedicated people to keep it up to date for
a fast moving group like this.

Arv
_._

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 4:46 PM, David Arthur <mumrah@...> wrote:
Here's my unsolicited 0.02 USD.

Rename the Groups.io group to "bitx" (this is possible through the settings i think), create subgroups for each radio in the bitx family (bitx20, bitx40, ubitx, etc), and perhaps another subgroup for the Raduino and programming issues. There will still be a "main" group which could be used for announcements or general discussion, but subgroups would allow for users to subscribe to what interests them.

The wiki could very easily become the official bitx knowledge base, but it needs some TLC to get to that point.

--
David K4DBZ
Unofficial bitx chatroom: https://discord.gg/CrHvWFc