Re: SMD Group Build

Michael Hagen

Good USB Microcsope

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Andonstar-500X-2MP-USB-Digital-Microscope-Video-webcam-Magnifier-Camera-Stand/371767002110?epid=1795612812&hash=item568f0a43fe:g:iGEAAOSw9~5ZS5DJ

On 1/26/2018 7:33 AM, Michael Hagen wrote:

I got a USB microscope a few years back, it looks a little different than that.  eBay about $25?

AND, yes, it works great for that.  And you can snap pictures.  I used it to investigate a failure on a product a friend manufactures.   The software seems to be universal.  I changed computers, did a search, and got it running again.

I noticed now they have them with built on displays too, for more bucks?

Mine is all metal looking with a base plate like a drill press sort of?  You get rough focus with the distance, then there is a threaded adjuster for fine.

I am real happy with it.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP

On 1/26/2018 7:07 AM, Michael Monteith via Groups.Io wrote:
For myself I was thinking about getting one of these.   If nothing else great for close inspection of solder joints etc.

New Mega Pixels 1000X 8 LED USB Digital Microscope

73, Michael
KM4OLT

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP