Re: Power Supply Option

Joe Puma

Well that definitely is the power requirement for the Yaesu but I was running my bitX40 On a computer power supply that I tweaked to 13.8 V And it was running fine, no issues. I even was doing digital modes with it, FT8 specifically. I’ll make sure I use the proper power requirement for my micro bitx but as a real world example the bitx40 did run on 13.8v and finals really didn’t feel hot at all. Maybe I was lucky.

Joe,
KD2NFC

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 25, 2018, at 4:51 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

Good to know your Yaesu is fine with 13.8v.
Unfortunately, R141 on a stock Bitx40v3 is not.

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 01:44 pm, Joe Puma wrote:
There should be some tolerance like 10% +/-  on the voltage applied that shouldn’t hurt or hinder it. My Yaesu takes 13.8v by t 12v on the line works just as well