Re: Something has been blown

Vince Vielhaber

Make sure one or both of those insulators didn't crush on one side and let the screw touch the FET.

Vince.

On 01/25/2018 03:48 PM, César EA3IAV wrote:
Yesterday I installed everything and it worked fine...
Today I put everything in the box and decided to use the case as
heatsink. I put insulator and thermal silicone. Ok i turned it on and
there has been a little explosion and smoke in the area of the
transistors. I don’t see anything blown...
maybe i blew the transitors? How can I check? I did tested that there
was no continuity between the metal thing of the transistor and the screw!
Hell i hate this!

now after removing the transistors from the case it turns on normally