From: Clark Martin <kk6isp@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:59 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] SMD Group Build

IIRC this is the place where I bought SMD parts some time ago.  They still have the day planner hole pattern.  I find that very convenient.  I put the resistors and caps in one binder and whenever I need one I just go leafing through it.

0805 SMD Resistor Kit 80 Value Total 2000 Pieces Surface mount - MDFLY

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On Jan 24, 2018, at 9:23 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

I wish someone would put together an assortment of, say, 40 common values, quantity 100 of each value and market it for some reasonable markup for resistors and caps. For the club build, I'd prefer 1206 since this is a huge step for some of the club members.

BTW, today I just got 40 clear plastic 1.25"x0.75" cosmetic sample jars (eBay #332506418787). Tomorrow I'm going to Target and buy Velcro sticky tape "dots" and place one half on the bottom of the jar, and the other on a piece of plywood which hangs on the wall. Now if somebody has an assortment of 40 common values, they go into the jar and I'm ready to go. Each jar will have a small Avery label on it.