Re: Creating Gerber files for pcb construction

Laurence Oberman

Here is my 10Mhz oven controlled reference I designed.
This is from pcbway and is one with all though hole.

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 1:16 PM, Diver Martin <diver.martin@...> wrote:
So noted... I'm gonna have to give them a go for the next revision of my
uBitx top modifications... $50 for 10 PCBs vs $105 from DFrobot is a pretty
significant price difference...

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 10:05 AM, Laurence Oberman <oberman.l@...>
wrote:

So far I have used this vendor and I have only Awesome words for them.
My boards are only double sided but have a combination of SMD and through
hole.
I use TIna to create the boards

PCBWAY.COM

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 7:04 PM, Diver Martin <diver.martin@...>
wrote:
Gordon,

I'm very curious about the jclpcb order you made. How is the PCB
quality?
That's a vendor I wanted to try, but haven't gotten around to. They
offer
many of the same features as my current pcb house in china (DFRobot) but
at
about half the cost. Are the boards pictured from jcl or pcbway?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 3:57 PM, Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>
wrote:

First set of boards arrived today -- not sure why they shipped me TEN
boards, I only ordered five.
This is all new to me. Soldered in header sockets. Wished I'da
thought
of that for ALL the i/o connections.

Found at least one error so far -- forgot to ground pin 5 of the LCD
display. Have not soldered in the op amp portion but got the LCD
working
(after adding little ground wire) and verified that the Adafruit Si5351
is
bring controlled --- communications receiver hears it right where I
send
its frequency to.

This so SO cool.....

Can't believe how much this forum has taught me in just a few weeks.
This is going to be huge for our local ARES group. Loads of skills
they
can learn.

Gordon