Re: SMD Group Build

Jack, W8TEE

Do you feel that is easier than, say, doing a Muppet board and etching it yourself?
Jack, W8TEE

From: Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] SMD Group Build

I use double side, plain copper clad. Then, with a sharp knife (i use a glass cutter), i score off an island of 3x2 to 5x2 squares of about 0.25inch to a side. I use all around for the ground plane, and solder the 1206 betweeb the pads. The sot23 transistors are soldered at a corner of three squares. If the ground planing ia crucial, i drill a number of holes around the top ground plane and solder small pieces of wire to connect to the Bottom ground

On 25 Jan 2018 10:24 am, "William R Maxwell" <wrmaxwell@...> wrote:
0805 is a happy medium.
Bill, VK7MX

On 25/01/2018 3:20 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
I can barely see a 0603! I would prefer 1206 if I can find them and am not too worried about the cost differential.
Jack, W8TEE