Re: Can uBITX be modified for AM Phone operation?

Nelson

Howdy Jerry,

I am looking forward to getting the uBITX and getting it together so I can learn about this stuff.  Most of my equipment glows in the dark so this arduino stuff is all new to me and I am looking forward to playing around with it.  I am planning to get another uBITX or a BITX40 etc just to play around with the programming and hardware. Perhaps I'll play around with trying to get AM operation out of one of the single band units.  I'll be sure and post if it can be done (or even if I just can't figure out how to do it...)

Thnaks,

Nelson
KG7GYS

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:03 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
AM Phone would require a significant redesign.
Start by ripping out the 12mhz crystal filter at X1-8
and the balanced modulator at T7/D5
Have at it!

Jerry, KE7ER

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 07:56 pm, Nelson wrote:
Can the transceiver be modified for AM Phone operation?  If so what would be involved?

--
I always thought the Universe was a wonderfully strange place until I studied Particle Physics - I now know the Universe is, in fact, profoundly odd in nature