Can uBITX be modified for AM Phone operation?

Nelson

I recently ordered a uBITX kit and from what I am reading it will be a while before I get it.  In the mean time I am reading the posts on this site and considering the type of box I want to mount it in etc.

I do have a question.  Can the transceiver be modified for AM Phone operation?  If so what would be involved?  I have also ordered a 45 watt linear amplifier to use with the uBITX and perhaps with my FT-817ND  so a reduction in power by going to AM operation would not be so critical.

Thanks,

Nelson
KG7GYS