Re: SMD Group Build

Clark Martin

On Jan 24, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

All:

We have a small group of local hams who enjoy building stuff, yet most are scared to death of SMD parts. Our last build had 29 do the build which is about half of our group. What I'd like to do is put together a small SMD project and have 30 or so boards made. (I have no idea what a good starter project would be.) If anyone has done this, are the board costs less than thru-holes boards? Also, are Mouser and Digikey the likely source for large (e.g., 1206) parts or do you know of a better source.