Re: uBITX Heatsinks #ubitx

philip yates

One of mine does contact the traces, as I happened to move the pcb, and could not work out what was going on.
Then realised the heatsink was in contact with the trace below, mica washer for now inserted.

Phil - G7BZD

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:26 PM, Paul Smith <paulsmi55@...> wrote:
I notice that the bottom edges of the heatsinks are in near contact with a couple of traces (admittedly coated and insulated). But given that the heatsinks are at B+ voltage I have replaced them with different ones and insulated the IRFs too. It wouldn't take much for one of them to rub through the trace coating and send full +ve power where it will cause major pain. Maybe not the case with all boards, and if you have enough of a gap under the heatsinks you could slip insulation under them too. Mine were too tight for that.

Paul ZS2OE