uBITX Heatsinks #ubitx

Paul Smith

I notice that the bottom edges of the heatsinks are in near contact with a couple of traces (admittedly coated and insulated). But given that the heatsinks are at B+ voltage I have replaced them with different ones and insulated the IRFs too. It wouldn't take much for one of them to rub through the trace coating and send full +ve power where it will cause major pain. Maybe not the case with all boards, and if you have enough of a gap under the heatsinks you could slip insulation under them too. Mine were too tight for that.

Paul ZS2OE