Re: #uBITX: Anyone using a handie-talkie spkr/mic with their uBITX?

Vic WA4THR

On a slightly different rig, I am currently using a surplus Motorola HMN9083D speaker mic on a BitX40. I cut off the proprietary connector and used a 4-pin mic jack and socket I had on hand to provide ground, speaker, mic, and PTT. The speaker is small, so not as loud or clear as the larger speaker I use, but then you can hold it closer if needed. I plan to have a switch to select which is in use when finished. The electret element in the mic seems to have identical output and frequency response to the supplied mic element.

=Vic=