Re: CW Key Switching Characteristics

Gary Lee <kb9zuv@...>

I am totally blind, and rely on a steady tuning rate so I can count revolutions. I hate the automatic speeding up of tuning. would rather have a pushbutton. It makes sense to use the encoder button for tuning rate. don’t have to move your hands.

Getting my stuff together to add speech output to the bitx 40. will keep all posted.

On Jan 18, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Rod Self <km6sn@...> wrote:

Jack,

I support the NO Push button notion.
I have already wired one up on my ubitx unused digital input, but have not gotten around to implementing it.

Probably the cleaner, more reliable approach.

Rod KM6SN

On 01/18/2018 06:46 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
All:

Like everyone else, I'm doing some code mods to the software, too. I'm struggling with the implementation of the frequency increment, not from the coding aspects, but from the way to implement it. As much as I hate to do it, I'm starting to think that a NO push button switch right next to the tuning knob might be the way to go. It would respond to, say, three presses: 1) fine (e.g.,10Hz), 2) medium (200 Hz), 3) coarse (100KHz). These increments would be #define'd at the top of the source code and, hence, easily changed by a non-programmer. Or, I can move those increments to my Setup code and allow the user to change them there. (Like most "stable" variables, these are written to EEPROM and read on program startup.) The additional switch would leave the encoder-press free for other uses (e.g., band switching).

Your thoughts?

Jack, W8TEE