Re: Rugged Case Options? #ubitx

at91r40008

In an earlier posting I warned about two traces on the edge of the PCB. I use the same box but anodized blackĀ
and when you slide the PCB in the box you might create a short. The trace on one side is ground but the trace
on the other side is live. (I don't remember which one is on the top and which is on the bottom side). As there is
a solder mask you might not have a short at all time. I solved the problem by covering the edge of the board on
this side with Kapton tape. Careful when you slide the board in that you don't rip off the tape.
--
73, Yvon NU6I