Re: #ubitx Powering options? #ubitx

Jerry Gaffke

More to the point, any unusual currents in paralleled batteries are a one time event,
and only occur if the batteries did not start out in an equal charge state.

I'm assuming the batteries are well matched.  There are additional currents
if they are not matched.  For example, the battery with less internal resistance
will deliver more power to the load, and once the load is gone might be recharged by the other.
But within certain limits that is not a bad practice.

Definitely not a good practice to be paralleling batteries that have
significantly different voltages at the terminals.
Easy to disregard if you are in a hurry and/or don't know what's at stake.
As I stated before, with some types of batteries the results could be catastrophic.

Like so many things in life, if you don't know what you are doing
then paralleling batteries is not a good practice.

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 07:23 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
Once equalized, there are no currents eating anything up.