Re: Capacitor question

Jim Kortge <jokortge@...>

Leonard wrote:
Is there any reason I couldn't use a poly cap like the ones used in the vfo in a lowpass filter?
No, there aren't any reasons not to use one of those Leonard. They are rated for 50 volts, and probably can take a tad more without blowing up. They are very low loss, ideal for filter use without eating up precious power. Silver Mica caps are even lower loss, but get a bit pricey.
I'm assembling a version 3 PA board from Sunil and I need a 560pf cap for the lowpass filter and all I have are poly caps at that value.
Do it!

72,

Jim, K8IQY