Re: AE7EU Top Level PCB Mod

Diver Martin <diver.martin@...>

Hi Mike,

Check out the datasheet for the ADE-1 here: https://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/ADE-1.pdf .  Page 1, bottom right side for the electrical schematic, you'll see the "I" pin has a DC connection to the diodes and then to ground.  This will forward-bias two of the diodes, and reverse-bias the other two.  A current limiting resistor (R14 in this case) limits the current going through the diodes.  I picked 1.2k randomly, it might be 1k-100k, I'll have to play with it I'm sure.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Mike Woods <mhwoods@...> wrote:
Ok - I understand how it works now.  The one remaining question is how injecting DC into the output side (IF pin) of the mixer (as you have it drawn) would unbalance the mixer? Doesn’t this look like a short circuit to the DC? I would have thought you would connect the DC to the LO input to have current flowing through the diodes?

Mike

--
Martin Held - AE7EU
http://ae7eu.com/