Re: AE7EU Top Level PCB Mod

Diver Martin <diver.martin@...>

Hi David,

No reason the teensy couldn't be put on headers.  If I end up selling this particular PCB, the kit form would be SMT pre-done, all the through-hole to be done by the end user (Which isn't a huge amount - Headers, Front panel, uBitx connectors, inductors, and the teensy32).  If I don't end up selling it (i.e. there isn't much demand to make it worth the time), I'd open source the entire design leaving it to anyone else to fabricate & sell, or modify and use for their own purposes.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 1:27 PM, David Arthur <mumrah@...> wrote:
Looks pretty awesome!

Can I recommend using headers for the Teensy board (as opposed to directly soldering to the board). It adds a little to the cost, but saves headaches down the road when replacing/upgrading the board :)
--
David K4DBZ
Unofficial bitx chatroom: https://discord.gg/CrHvWFc

--