Re: Going digital? #ubitx

Vince Vielhaber

It's not caused by the computer. Inside the 530 the Mic - is isolated from the rig's (and ptt's) ground. Even with no audio connected, just key the transmitter (in LSB or USB) and short the two grounds together. You will have the 60hz hum.

Vince.

On 01/08/2018 12:26 PM, Mvs Sarma wrote:
VInce, when such interference, if connecting to a desktop or laptop, we
used to use emi suppressore torids and passthro 5 rounds the cables
meant for interconnection. Such hum reduced drastically.
If this could of some help\, i would be happy.
regards
sarma
vu3zmv

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 10:21 PM, Vince Vielhaber <vev@...
<mailto:vev@...>> wrote:

The only problem with this on is the sharing of grounds. While the
BitXs share the ground with the mic, speaker, ... using it on a
non-BitX rig may not. Ferinstance, on a Kenwood TS-530, that
circuit will introduce a very noticable 60Hz hum into your audio. I
don't know about other Kenwoods the 530 is the only one I have (I'll
have a 140 later in the week, we'll see if that does it too - Yes
Ryan, I found one in my price range!). The Yaesu FT-101E series
doesn't have a problem with that.

Vince.

On 01/08/2018 11:08 AM, M Garza wrote:

Here is the vox sound card interface schematic from the ARRL
Book "Get
on the Air with HF Digital"
It does not require any power source.

https://sites.google.com/site/kh6tyinterface/
<https://sites.google.com/site/kh6tyinterface/>

Marco - KG5PRT

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 9:42 AM, M Garza <mgarza896@...
<mailto:mgarza896@...>
<mailto:mgarza896@... <mailto:mgarza896@...>>> wrote:

How about one of the schematics listed here?
http://wa8lmf.net/ham/tonekeyer.htm#diagram1
<http://wa8lmf.net/ham/tonekeyer.htm#diagram1>
<http://wa8lmf.net/ham/tonekeyer.htm#diagram1
<http://wa8lmf.net/ham/tonekeyer.htm#diagram1>>

The one with an Op-Amp IC and Opto-Isolator Output looks
very easy
and the transformers are easy to find. You do not need the
transformer for the computer audio in to the radio audio
out, since
that seems to be working now... You can probably use a 9V
battery
or tap power from the radio.

Just an idea.

Marco - KG5PRT

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 8:23 AM, Kerry via Groups.Io
<write2kerry=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>
<mailto:write2kerry <mailto:write2kerry>=yahoo.com@groups.io
<mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>>> wrote:

I've been wanting to get into the digital modes so I
hooked the
radio to the P-loop antenna and directly to the internal
soundcard on my computer sitting on my office and was
pleased at
the waterfall on the 20m ft8 frequency. Wsjtx was quite busy
with the decoding signals. As I understand it the radio
needs a
vox circuit in order to transmit. I've run across
schematics but
am a little intimidated by them. Does anyone know of a
vox kit
anywhere? I'm assuming such a kit would plug into the ptt?

--
Michigan VHF Corp. http://www.nobucks.net/ http://www.CDupe.com/
http://www.metalworkingfun.com