Re: Going digital? #ubitx

David Arthur

Easy Digi is an ebay kit which includes two audio transformers and an opto-isolator. It is ~$10 and provides suitable isolation between the rig and computer. You'll need custom cabling unless you're willing to shell out a few extra bucks for a pre-built Easy Digi with cables.

The kit version is a very simple through-hole kit. Soldering is required, but very approachable.

If you go with the kit, you'll also need something for the PTT circuit. Unless your computer has RS232, you'll need a USB to RS232 converter. This could be an adaptor (pricey), or a cheap FTDI board off ebay (few bucks).

It's also recommended to use a dedicated sound card interface. Search on Amazon for "USB sound card" less than $10. If you use your system sound interfaces, you might be transmitting your "received email" noise :)

Come chat on the Discord (link in my sig) and we'll help you out

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 12:12 PM Kerry via Groups.Io <write2kerry=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm not familiar with Easy Digi.  I don't know enough about this to dive into a schematic with any confidence but if you are selling one in the near future, I'm interested.

--
David K4DBZ
Unofficial bitx chatroom: https://discord.gg/CrHvWFc