fsk on si5351

Rod Davis

Hi All,

It appears ham rtty speed fsk is quite feasible on SI5351.

Looking at

https://github.com/etherkit/Si5351Arduino/issues/22

especially the paragraph that says

"Additional comment which solved the problem: Kicking up the Wire library speed from 100kHz to 400kHz with
Wire.setClock(400000L);and using a bulk transfer to shove out a pre-calculated array of 8 bytes that is MultiSynth0's new divisor (instead of sending register1-byte1-register2-byte2-etc). The Si5351 supports bulk transfer with automatic address increments, so a whole new setup for MS0 was a total of 9 sent bytes. (Initial address plus the eight bytes of divisor+number+denominator.) This took the minimum pulse down to about 0.4ms, well below the 1ms I required. Hurray!

"

makes me believe it would be viable, maybe even at I2C bus speed of 100 kHz.

Rod KM6SN