Re: Tuning reversed issue

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

If you're having problems with audio harmonics, yes, you would want to put your tones higher than the midpoint of the filter....but with any reasonable sound card, there should be negligible harmonics, so I don't completely understand the issue or concern....I use $5 Adafruit 1475 usb dongles without any untoward effects that I know of....

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Tim Gorman <tgorman2@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:53 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Tuning reversed issue

With a 2.4khz to 2.5khz filter you wouldn't want to run the tones any
lower than about 1.25khz so you could filter out any audio harmonics,
right?

My guess is that if you are generating audio harmonics you have
something else badly wrong!

tim ab0wr

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 04:46:35 +0000
"Gordon Gibby" <ggibby@...> wrote:

Using FLDIGI, you can put your RTTY tonesanywhere you want them.....

And by watching the waterfall, you can visualize your receiving
filter as well.

gordon