From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Tim Gorman <tgorman2@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:36 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Tuning reversed issue

Jim,

Aren't RTTY tones 2125hz and 2295hz? The filter in the ubitx should be
narrow enough to filter out 2nd and 3rd harmonics of these frequencies.

If it can't filter out the harmonics of these tones then the SSB voice
signal is probably also far wider than it should be.

tim ab0wr

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 18:11:44 -0800
"Jim Sheldon" <@W0EB> wrote:

After Ron helped me get over the "stupids" and I finally learned how
to properly compile & upload stuff to the Raduino, I now have Ron's
mods running and he's fixed a lot of little annoying things (annoying
to me anyway). In between bricking & fixing the rig (all firmware,
no hardware) I managed to make a couple of real nice 20 meter SSB
QSO's and also a couple of 40 meter CW QSO's as well with it.

I heard a lot of RTTY (contest this weekend) and sure wish there were
at least 5 more digital pins on the Nano. Then it would really easy
to implement a good CW Keyer and even implement true FSK for RTTY.
You'd still need a computer with sound card running something like
Mako Mori's (JE1HHT) MMTTY program, but that would really work well.
Hardware FSK would be much cleaner to implement than tones into the
SSB section. As wide as the filter is, I'd be wary of the 2nd and
maybe even 3rd harmonics of the tones being transmitted at the same
time as the fundamentals. That would really create havoc on the
bands especially during a RTTY contest, not to mention incur the
wrath of the FCC as well.

Jim - W0EB

This little rig just keeps getting better and quite rapidly too!