Re: "More than one XXX library found" error message

Jack, W8TEE

The "more than one LCD library found" is because there are multiple libraries named "LiquidCrystal" out there and your directory might have several installed.

The solution:

1) Find where your IDE is installed. Mine is installed on E:\Arduino1.8.5. Yours will likely be on the C drive, perhaps in the Programs directory. It all depends on where/how you installed it.

2) Inside your IDE directory will be a subdirectory named libraries. Inside that subdirectory should only ONE LiquidCrystal library, so on my system I see something
    like this:

    E:\Arduino1.8.5\libraries\LiquidCrystal           // You will likely see a bunch of libraries before and after this one...

    If you see mutliple libraries, you need to delete one of them. But, which one?

In my BITX code, I use a TFT display, so instead of the LiquidCrystal library, I use:

    #include <MCUFRIEND_kbv.h>    // https://github.com/prenticedavid/MCUFRIEND_kbv

Anytime I use a library that is not included in the standard IDE installation, I have a comment that tells you were to go to download that library (yellow above). I'm not sure which software you are trying to install, but look at the line that includes the LiquidCrystal library (e.g., #include <LiquidCrystal>) and see if the programmer left you a URL for the library. Rename the original LiquidCrystal library directory (e.g., OriginalLiquidCrystal) before you install the new library just in case you need to go back to the original setup if it doesn't work.

Jack, W8TEE