Re: K5DNL RF-LED Pwr Indicator

kwroberson

Greg , There is no RF on the wires that go to the LED only DC
The RF is filtered by the .01 cap . I worked 5 EU stations this
morning running 5 watts and a HB rotatable dipole . The mode
was JT65A weak signal software. call freq is 14076.
73 Ken K5DNL

--- In BITX20@..., Greg Derda <gderda@...> wrote:

Upon following Ken's (K5DNL) post about his Norcal DDS schematic (under
his Photos folder), I took an interest in his little LED Power
Indicator circuit. I also couldn't help but notice how nice his
BITX20a rig turned out, and I especially liked his front panel (similar
to mine ;->)!.

Anyway, I whipped together a little LED Power Indicator last night,
hooked it up, and "IT WORKS GREAT"! What a nifty little addition!

I have a question though, considering that I haven't made a contact
with the rig since this addition - do I need to shield it? I built
mine ugly style on a little 1/2 x 1-1/2 inch PCB that is soldered
directly to the back of the SO-238, with a two-conductor ribbon cable
running to the LED on the front panel. In other words, is RF going to
radiate from it?

Thanks,
Greg
ki4mmm