Re: Wiring encoder

John McFadden <johnamcf@...>

Another easy physical solution is to use a pin to remove the offending wires from the headers. Push down on the little tab while gently pulling and they come right out. Change the order and insert with gentle pressure until the tab clicks into place. Make a note of the change inside the case so you remember next time you open it up, but it is a lot less hassle than breaking out the soldering iron.

John

On Jan 2, 2018 9:31 AM, "Jack Purdum via Groups.Io" <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All:

Before messing around with the unsoldering/resoldering the connections, if you have the Arduino IDE installed and are comfortable with it, load the ubitx_20.ino source code file and locate line 75-76:

#define ENC_A (A0)
#define ENC_B (A1)

Try reversing these symbolic constants:

#define ENC_B (A0)
#define ENC_A (A1)
and see if that restores the proper rotation. Mine is all bundled up for a pending presentation, and I don't want to unpack it.

Jack, W8TEE

From: ekelley <ekelley828@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:07 AM
Subject: [BITX20] Wiring encoder

A word of caution when wiring the encoder. The schematic on page one
has the encoder wiring reversed. Don't wire it up by the schematic
use the picture, you will see that the red and yellow wires are reversed
and the black and brown are reversed. I made the mistake of wiring everything
up using the schematic. When tuning my frequency goes down with clockwise
rotation of encoder. Goes up with counter-clockwise rotation.
Ed