Re: Tuner? Well Sure!

Lawrence Galea

Noted.
Maybe a separate one apart from the antenna requirements.
Thanks and regards
Lawrence

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 2:34 AM, K9HZ <bill@...> wrote:

Well 160 will easily be covered but 630M is a much larger task.  The efficiency of a wire that is less than 0.2 wave lengths (close to 400 feet!) on that frequency with a tuner is extremely low (most of the power is radiated by the tuner and feedline).  The best thing to do is put up the longest wire you can (500 feet min) then the tuner might have a chance.

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator