Re: Variable power control

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

Kind of crude, but you could power the entire radio with 24v.  Use a 12v regulator for the receiver and a LM350 for a variable regulator to the PA.  You could set it up to be variable for only a few volts change to vary the output.  You alternately could use a 12 v source and the LM350 to vary the voltage to the PA.  Again, you could design something that would vary by a few watts.
Running from 24v lets you get the higher output but allows you to turn things down, as needed.

Here are a couple of  LM317/350/358 calculator pages:

Hope this helps.

Marco - KG5PRT

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 3:20 PM, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 01:17 pm, N8DAH wrote:
Group has a lot got smart folks I'm sure we will figure out a nice mod.
I am not one of them if you can tell by typing skills hihi