Re: Tell me your favorite uBitx mods

Tim Gorman

If you make this change then the ubitx should work perfectly with an
external keyer, correct?

I have an old keyer kit that is really small that would fit right in a
decent size enclosure. I don't use it any more on the big rig, an
ftdx-3000, and this would let me repurpose it!

tim ab0wr

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 07:04:54 -0800
"John Pieper" <j.pieper@...> wrote:

i addressed the erratic keying a few days ago but it sank like a
stone. The reluctance to send the first dit is due to the firmware.
It is trying to enforce correct character spacing but the consequence
is that the paddle is sampled very slowly when it is open (i.e. a
character is not already started). I was able to undo this in my
setup and always sample as fast as possible (within constraints of
not using interrupts, which people seem to have a problem with) and
got much better responsiveness. See message 37720
( https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/37720 ) for details.

John AD0RW