Re: Tell me your favorite uBitx mods

John Pieper

i addressed the erratic keying a few days ago but it sank like a stone.
The reluctance to send the first dit is due to the firmware. It is trying to enforce correct character spacing but the consequence is that the paddle is sampled very slowly when it is open (i.e. a character is not already started). I was able to undo this in my setup and always sample as fast as possible (within constraints of not using interrupts, which people seem to have a problem with) and got much better responsiveness. See message 37720 for details.

John AD0RW