Re: Tell me your favorite uBitx mods

jamesrocks4ever@...

Maybe an Si570 for low phase noise. Serial connection for possible remote operation with the rtl and web sdr on a tablet. I have been thinking about laying out modules in 0805 two sided boards to make it fit in a smaller package.
 I was actually waiting to get the ubitx until the first wave of mods. I’ve had the bitx out of a case more than in one doing mods.

James

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 20:29, Diver Martin <diver.martin@...> wrote:

Hello all,

As I'm doing a motherboard mod, I'm looking to incorporate a bunch of mods into one PCB.  Right now, what I've got going are the following:

* A tuner + SWR Bridge (phase detector maybe?)
* A spot for an RTL-SDR (blogV3) dongle
* AGC Modifications
* Integrating LCD and headphone/mic/BNC/Power/etc jacks into the PCB

Other things I've thought about, space depending:

*Adding in footprints for a chinese AD9850 DDS module for one of the clock signals

I would like to hear the top mods you've done, and what you'd love to see integrated into a motherboard PCB that fits on top of the uBitx.  Battery charger?  Battery adapter? I dunno, bring it on!  If you have a favorite AGC mod, please tell me about it, and make some suggestions as well.  This is not promising to be a cheap kit, and full of SMT, but something I might make available.

Happy new year,

--
Martin Held - AE7EU
http://ae7eu.com/