Re: #ubitx IRF510 concerns, different modes #ubitx

Art Howard

General rule of thumb is no more than 25 to 30% of the total output of the rig. He always control the output by the audio level in and if you can monitor it back off until the alc Barely indicates.... Otherwise you will become one of those annoying broad splatter stations

On 1 Jan 2018 6:18 pm, "Ghericoan" <boakawizkid@...> wrote:
I have yet to get my ubitx yet, as I am on the preorder list. But I was wondering if there is a way to back the power output down to five watts to save the heat stress on the IRF510s. I am looking to do digital modes like PSK31, WSPR, and possibly playing around with SSTV.

Just concerned on how to go about assembly once the unit is here because I want it to be solid for digital modes. I have already ordered spare MOSFETs, but would rather not get into the habit of replacing them.
--
N5WLF, Greggory (or my nickname, Ghericoan)