Re: Tell me your favorite uBitx mods

Diver Martin <diver.martin@...>

Figured out what my plan was on that front.  I want to re-use as much of the raduino as possible, so one thing I did to make my life easier was to use a 74HC595 shift register, frees up IO's, and uses ones I've already got to level shift up to 5V for the IO expanders (the relays are all 5V that I'm using / have already designed in).  This way, the stock display module that comes with the raduino can be used.

Though, that is pretty dang cheap :)

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 3:00 PM, K5ESS <k5ess.nothdurft@...> wrote:

There are many 3.3v 16 X 2 displays advertised on Ebay.  Practically giving this one away.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-3-3V-HD44780-1602-LCD-Display-Module-16x2-Character-LCM-Blue-Blacklight-NEW-/162222360139?hash=item25c534c64b

Mike

K5ESS

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Diver Martin
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 3:33 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Tell me your favorite uBitx mods

The Teensy3.2 is a great little uC, I've used it in a lot of other projects.  Removing the leonardo and replacing with a Teensy would yield a price delta of about ~+$15, as the ATMega32U4 is about $4, popcorn components another $1, and the teensy3.2 is $20.  The downside to a teensy3.2 in this case is that it'll have to require some level shifting for the display and a few other things I think maybe, as it's a 3.3V output IO. (Unless the display and other things can tolerate 3.3V, which I haven't looked into)

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 3:21 AM, gerrykav via Groups.Io <gerrykav=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I am planning on adding this audio filter/DSP project to mine... when I get it.

https://gi1mic.github.io/

/ Gerry

--

Martin Held - AE7EU