Re: Variable power control

Art Howard

I agree, attenuator would be the best/simplest option

On 1 Jan 2018 3:51 pm, "Daniel Isaza" <hk4dei@...> wrote:
Just a tought...

what happens if we reduce the voltage to the electret mic with a simple pot? distortion? variable power?

Dan

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Clark Martin <kk6isp@...> wrote:
That’s easy enough to fix.  You put a power control pot (2 terminals only) between the +5V and the bias pot(s).  You set the power control to maximum and adjust each bias pot(s) for for the proper current draw.  Now you can turn down the bias / power, as you please.  But you can’t turn it up past “full”.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On Jan 1, 2018, at 11:54 AM, John Seager <jseager2009@...> wrote:

Arv, a) Happy New Year. b) Aside from using an attenuator, drive is controlled by
the preset RV1. This could be replaced by a variable pot., perhaps on the back panel.
However I think it was Farhan who pointed out a long time ago that the only problem
with this is the temptation to keep turning it up!  73,  John  G0UCP