Re: ALE, WINLINK and uBitX

tausciam@...

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 11:58 am, Gordon Gibby wrote:
 I think I've got a 19V laptop supply and maybe a 24V so may try this (gingerly).
This is what I'm using on Helena's BITX40:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LM2587-DC-DC-Booster-Converter-Step-Up-Voltage-Regulator-3-5-30V-4-0-30V/181847059772?hash=item2a56eded3c:g:B-kAAOSwXf9ZoSKw

I got it because I saw someone who had it in a bitx40 already recommend it. I was able to take the 12v battery's input and easily convert it to 24v on the dot for the finals. I left it hooked up to a 12v current for an hour and came back and measured it several times to make sure it didn't stray. It stayed right on.

So, it might be a good candidate for the ubitx.

NO2Y