Re: Tell me your favorite uBitx mods

Diver Martin <diver.martin@...>

Oooh, I like that idea John.  Would be easy enough to do too.  Two power inputs, one 7 or 8V minimum for the logic and/or amp power, and a second dedicated power level supply.  Easy enough to do with two 5.5mm jacks.

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 9:02 PM, John McFadden <johnamcf@...> wrote:
A relay to select the board's power source (12 or 13.5v) or an alternate power input (24v or a variable input) as the feed to the finals, potentially with the system reading the voltages and the software calculating the approximate power.

The user could then switch between two power levels with software, accommodating low power antennas like magnetic loops which have restrictions such as 10W CW and 25W SSB.

John

On Dec 31, 2017 10:10 PM, "Diver Martin" <diver.martin@...> wrote:
My concept is to create a 6" x 5.5" PCB.  It would go on top of .5" standoffs on top of the uBitx main PCB.  One would remove the raduino, save the display, discard the nano/raduino (or better, use for a different project), and use the board as I'm creating it instead.  The idea is to create a clean, 2-PCB design, with a tuner, USB connectivity, built in connectors, etc.  It would replace some of the parts that come with the uBitx normally, make the case more compact, and remove the requirements to wire everything into an enclosure, allowing a clean 3D printed setup or however one would like.

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
What do you mean by motherboard?
Are you replacing the uBitx main board, for which the Raduino could be called a daughterboard?
Or perhaps you mean the Raduino board, for which the Nano could be called a daughterboard?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 06:29 pm, Diver Martin wrote:
As I'm doing a motherboard mod, I'm looking to incorporate a bunch of mods into one PCB.

--
Martin Held - AE7EU
http://ae7eu.com/

Martin Held - AE7EU