Re: Another opportunity to show my ignorance... Tuning control?

Jerry Gaffke

The uBitx uses an encoder, so rotary, no limit.
The Bitx40 uses a pot for tuning with 270 degree rotation, that's likely the video you remember.

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 10:52 pm, Nigel wrote:
I recall (sort of - not 100% certain) that during a video explaining operation of the uBitx that action and verbal description of how tuning implemented shows the control (variable resistor?) being moved to either end of travel (implying a conventional 270 deg movement) and then triggering 'fast tune' (even faster if function button active) and yet when looking at the 'code' there is reference to encoder detection (speed and direction)...