Re: Tell me your favorite uBitx mods

Terence Taylor

Sound card interface for digital modes, CAT interface.

On 12/31/2017 6:29 PM, Diver Martin wrote:
Hello all,

As I'm doing a motherboard mod, I'm looking to incorporate a bunch of mods into one PCB.  Right now, what I've got going are the following:

* A tuner + SWR Bridge (phase detector maybe?)
* A spot for an RTL-SDR (blogV3) dongle
* AGC Modifications
* Integrating LCD and headphone/mic/BNC/Power/etc jacks into the PCB

Other things I've thought about, space depending:

*Adding in footprints for a chinese AD9850 DDS module for one of the clock signals

I would like to hear the top mods you've done, and what you'd love to see integrated into a motherboard PCB that fits on top of the uBitx.  Battery charger?  Battery adapter? I dunno, bring it on!  If you have a favorite AGC mod, please tell me about it, and make some suggestions as well.  This is not promising to be a cheap kit, and full of SMT, but something I might make available.

Happy new year,

--
Martin Held - AE7EU