Re: Tuner? Well Sure!

philip yates

Way above my head, but very interested in this project.
Would be interested in something that could be supplied as a built PCB, and just needed the controls,
plugs and sockets etc. connecting up, and of course boxing.
Would look great added as part of the Bitx - uBitx line up.

Phil - G7BZD

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 4:23 PM, K9HZ <bill@...> wrote:
That was the plan from the start.  Even with its own nano I need 18 latching digital lines so ill be doing some expanding/latching/mux-ing.

What I'm struggling with at the moment is using latching relays (expensive) vs the added current from all of the relays if they are not latching.  Not good for battery ops.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Dec 31, 2017, at 7:55 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

I agree with Rod...it should have its own Nano. The issue really isn't the processing power, but the µBITX I/O lines are pretty scarce. Plus, you can buy the Nano for $3, so why not? Finally, it would make the software development a little easier since could be run "alone" during testing.

Jack, W8TEE