Re: Very low power output (BitX40), everything appears to be working but setup driving me crazy!

John McFadden <johnamcf@...>

Gene,

What frequency did you test on, and did you try other frequencies?

It turns out my Bitx40 shows different output levels depending on the frequency across the 40m band, maybe your board has the same issue.

I emailed out graphs of my board's output under the heading "Power output decreases as a function of frequency? #bitx40" with one today.

John

On 12/30/2017 9:21 PM, Gene Nitschke wrote:

Hi Jerry,

Sorry for the delay (holidays you know).

I do have a number of the 100N50 resistors and find that they work great.

Yes, I saw the notes from Jack but I am unclear about the operation.  Software apparently is in his book and likely available in QST sometime in 2018.

Can I just use the circuit w/o the nano, I assume the resistor divider is for sampling by the nano?  If I connect the rig across the 50 ohm load and measure the voltage across the capacitor, what is the relationship of voltage to power (is it simply V^2/R)?